Who must apply for a Student Visa ?
All students 18 years of age and younger, and who intends to go to school in Tonga, whether at Primary, Secondary or Tertiary level.
The following requirements must be met:
- Written evidence from the school or academic institution accepting the applicant as a pupil for the relevant school year.
- Evidence that the fee(s) payable for the relevant school year have been paid.
- Evidence of any grants or fellowships awarded in connection with the student’s study.
- Evidence from a sponsor declaring to furnish financial support which may include maintenance, medical, and accommodation support whilst students are in Tonga, or evidence of funds of which the applicant is capable of maintaining himself/herself whilst in the Kingdom.
- A signed declaration from Principal of previous school which obligates the School to inform Immigration Division of the following matters of import:
- Grade Report
- Attendance Record
- Any conduct unbecoming of student applicant
- USD$ 57.50 Cash payment or money order payable to Embassy of the Kingdom of Tonga, Beijing, PRC.
- Completed Application Form.
Download Application Form here.
How long does it take to process a Student Visa ?
Processing a Student Visa normally takes a month.
Student Visas are issued for a period of up to ONE Year and are renewable.
1-3-22 Jianguomenwai Diplomatic Resident Compound
People's Republic of China
Phone: (+8610) 65327203
Fax: (+8610) 65327204
Mrs Telesia Kaitapu
Principal Immigration Officer Immigration Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Government of the Kingdom of Tonga
Phone:(676)26 970 or (676)26 969
Fax:(676)26 971 or (676)23 360
Ministry of Labour, Commerce & Industries
Government of Tonga
P.O Box 110
Phone:(676)23688 or (676)23792