Who can apply for Assured Income Visa ?
Eligible applicants are non-Tongan passport holders who wish to retire in Tonga and have a regular income from a pension or fund from an overseas source.
The following requirements must be met:
- 2 recent passport photos for all applicants.
- Valid passport for 6 months within date of travel.
- A medical report issued within the past 6 months by a licensed doctor.
- Police Clearance issued in the past 3 months from the country/state of residence.
- 2 character references including contact information.
- Evidence of income of at least TOP$10,000.00 per annum with supporting documents.
- USD$345.00 in Cash or money order payable to Embassy of the Kingdom of Tonga.
- The Assured Income Visa allows residency in Tonga but does not allow a successful applicant to work, study or start a business.
- Assured Income Visas are valid for 2 years or more and are renewable.
- A penalty fee of TOP$1,500.00 is applied to those who have overstayed their visas.
- The Immigration Division reserves the right to request a police record from the country or residence in the past 5 years.
1-3-22 Jianguomenwai Diplomatic Resident Compound
People's Republic of China
Phone: (+8610) 65327203
Fax: (+8610) 65327204
Mrs Telesia Kaitapu
Principal Immigration Officer Immigration Division
Ministry of Foreign Affairs
Government of the Kingdom of Tonga
Phone:(676)26 970 or (676)26 969
Fax:(676)26 971 or (676)23 360
Ministry of Labour, Commerce & Industries
Government of Tonga
P.O Box 110
Phone:(676)23688 or (676)23792